Why Volunteer at Unity of Beaverton?
Unity of Beaverton is seeking new volunteers to assist in activities, business, facilities, grounds keeping, hospitality, hosts, fundraising, etc. This Sunday we will provide you with a survey for you to complete to let us know your area of interest. It is our desire to fill these valuable positions and committees with the capable and loving people of our community. Having a vibrant team of volunteers creates an energy a that only you can provide.
Volunteering is good for YOU
Are you thinking, "What's in it for me?" The answer is, plenty! Here are some of the things you might get in return for your giving:
- Making new friends
- Gaining important skills and experience
- Seeing more of your community and world
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Exploring what you want to do next in life
- Feeling needed and important
- Feeling satisfaction at getting things done and helping others
- Meeting people who could be role models
- Using your mind, body, and creativity
- Getting active and healthier
- Relieving stress
- Fighting boredom
- Spending time doing what you really care about
- Gaining an edge on getting into college
- Feeling like you're part of a community
- Having fun!
Hey...it looks like being a volunteer gives as much good stuff to you as it does to Unity of Beaverton! That's the secret of volunteering. People who become volunteers usually lead richer, happier, and more satisfying lives than those who don't volunteer.